Now that we come to the end of the holidays, we very much hope that families have had an enjoyable summer break and have managed around the very inconsistent, very British weather!
As we look forward to the children returning from Tuesday 5th September, I wanted to share with families some of the work that has been undertaken over the summer which is helping to keep our school environment at the high standard our community deserves.
Over the holidays, the building company who manage the school site has been hard at work on the following:
- Painting of Year 4 classrooms, offices, and toilets
- Replacing the carpet in the downstairs street area with new carpet tiles
- Replacing carpet in some classrooms and offices with carpet tiles
- Painting of the MUGA sports yard
- Removal of the external wind turbine
- Complete refurbishment of four toilet blocks
- Painting of the external building
In addition to this work, we have created a sensory quiet area on the first floor, and developed the IT in our Learning Zone which is used for children and parent groups.
The Governing Body is committed to ensuring that we regularly develop our school environment with the holidays being the perfect time to get this level of work completed. Although it has been a tight six weeks, we are prepared for our children to return ready for another academic year of learning and discovery.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!