For your last week of home learning we are going to reflect on how much we have grown up and learnt. We would like you to share the story, ‘Once There Were Giants’ by Martin Waddell.
- Think of all the things that you have achieved and can do. Can you write some sentences about your achievements? Dont forget a capital letter to start your sentence and a full stop at the end.
- Write about your favourite memories of Nursery/ Reception. Who were you friends? What were your best moments?
- Complete the all about me information and send it to your new teacher. [email protected] or [email protected]
- Think about what you would like to be when you grow up. Can you write down your hopes and dreams or talk about them with an adult?
How old are you? How old will you be on your next Birthday? What date is your birthday? Can you say the months of the year? Find out how old other members of your family are. can you write their ages? Who is the oldest/youngest? You could make some pretend playdough cakes and put candles on the cakes to match different ages. If you dont have candles use chopped up straws. Make some age badges.
Try the summer themed activity ideas below:
- look at photos of family members and talk about special times. You could make a family tree using the template or get creative with your own ideas.
- Look at photos of yourself and think about how much you have grown and changed since you were born. Talk about stages of development and order the growth sequencing cards.
- Find out you shoe size and the shoe sizes of other family members. How tall are you?
- Create a self portrait or a family portrait to keep.
Watch the daily Read Write Inc lessons online and then complete the reading and letter formation activity sheet that goes with each lesson. Click on the link below.
From 1st June:
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will restart.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
The Read Write Inc Lesson schedule for the next few weeks can be found here:
Accompanying activities, worksheets and speed sound books can be found here as well as home reading books and free Read Write Inc E-books.
We hope you enjoy trying out some of these ideas this week. We would like to see your photos on Tapestry, or you can email us at: [email protected]
Miss Bradshaw, Miss Hawley and Miss Nelson