This week, Year 2 have been learning how to keep our teeth clean. The children learnt the steps to brush our teeth. These were:
- First, squeeze a pea sized amount of toothpaste onto your toothbrush.
- Next, brush the front of your teeth.
- Then, gently brush the outside of your teeth and the back teeth.
- After that, brush the insides and tops of all your teeth.
- Then, gently brush your tongue.
- Finally, spit out any toothpaste that is left and you are finished.
The children then acted out all the steps to practise brushing their teeth. The children also learnt that they should be brushing their teeth gently and could check if they were brushing their teeth too hard by looking at their toothbrush and seeing if the bristles were bent. If they were bent, they have been brushing too hard! Finally, the children enjoyed singing Brush, Brush, Brush your Teeth to the tune of Row, Row, Row your Boat.