The week we are reading stories that take place in forests. How many stories do you know? This week we would like you to share the story of ‘The Gruffalo’.
In the story, the Gruffalo meets lots of different creatures in the forest. Can you write down what each creature might say to the Gruffalo or what the character may be thinking in the speech/thought bubbles?
Can you copy the handwriting patterns below? Have a go at writing your name everyday too. If you can write your first name you could try writing your surname.
Can you go on a walk in the woods or somewhere else outdoors? Use the cards below to find and count the things that you see. Can you spot different shapes when you are out and about?
This week in school we are working on doubling and halving numbers. Can you have a go at this at home? You could try the activities below.
- Can you make a scary woodland beast? Your could draw him or make him with clay, dough or collage materials.
- Can you make a menu for a Gruffalo cafe. You could include owl ice-cream or roasted fox. Can you think of your own ideas?
- Can you go on a woodland walk and collect different leaves? Can you sort them into different shapes and sizes?
- Can you read other stories that take place in a forest such as, ‘Little Red Riding Hood’, Hansel and Grettle or Owl Babies.
- Can you set up a prentend camp site indoors or outdoors?
- Visit the Gruffalo website where you can play games and take part in many other activities. https://www.gruffalo.com/
Watch the daily Read Write Inc lessons online and then complete the reading and letter formation activity sheet that goes with each lesson. Click on the link below.
From 1st June:
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will restart.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
The Read Write Inc Lesson schedule for the next few weeks can be found here:
Accompanying activities, worksheets and speed sound books can be found here as well as home reading books and free Read Write Inc E-books.
We hope you enjoy trying out some of these ideas this week. We would like to see your photos on Tapestry, or you can email us at: [email protected]
Miss Bradshaw, Miss Hawley and Miss Nelson