This week we would like you to share the story ‘Handa’s Suprise’ on the link below. You then may like to try some of these activities.
In the story, Handa collects seven different fruits in her basket. Can you write or think of a list of as many different fruits as you can think of? Did you enjoy this story, can you say why you did or did not? Who were the characters in the story and what did you find out about the place it was set? How is the setting different to the place where you live?
You could fill in the information sheet below.
Can you use fruit to solve some maths problems? You could count how many of each type of fruit you have or count the segments in an orange. You could share out the fruit or solve some addition and subtraction problems with fruit.
- The story is based in Africa. Can you find out about Africa? Where is it? What is the weather like there? What types of animals live there? What would it be like to be a little boy or girl living there? What would be the same/different
- Paint or draw a picture using the story for ideas. You could make a collage or a model.
- Find out about African patterns. Can you colour in the patterns below or make your own African inspired pattern?
- t-tp-6892-african-patterns-colouring-pages_ver_1 (1)
- Can you use your senses to explore different fruits? You could use a blindfold to play a guessing game. Can you describe the fruit that you are touching, tasting, smelling. Can you guess what it is? Do you like it? Why/why not?
- You could use fruit to do some printing with paints or prehaps you could make a fruit salad to eat.
Watch the daily Read Write Inc lessons online and then complete the reading and letter formation activity sheet that goes with each lesson. Click on the link below.
From 1st June:
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will restart.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
The Read Write Inc Lesson schedule for the next few weeks can be found here:
Accompanying activities, worksheets and speed sound books can be found here as well as home reading books and free Read Write Inc E-books.
We hope you enjoy trying out some of these ideas this week. We would like to see your photos on Tapestry, or you can email us at: [email protected]
Miss Hawley and Miss Bradshaw.