This week, as inspiration for your writing task, we are asking you to watch a video on Literacy Shed. This will be used to form part of a short narrative piece of writing. Remember, it can be done in one sitting or over the course of a few days, it’s up to you! We will include guidance – as always – below, and please email the finished product to [email protected] We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Task – Narrative Writing
Watch the following video: https://www.literacyshed.com/catchit.html
You need to rewrite the story in the form of a narrative (a story).
What I’m Looking For:
- Clear paragraphs
- One paragraph about the meerkats and why they love the fruit so much and must protect it
- One paragraph to explain how the meerkats feel when the vulture arrives
- One paragraph where the meerkats discuss how they could get the fruit back
- One paragraph to describe the attempt to get the fruit back (including forming a chain and flying!)
- One paragraph to explain how the meerkats felt when they finally got the fruit back
- Interesting vocabulary
- Varied sentence length (remember, short sentences can be used for dramatic effect)
- Speech, with a variety of reporting clauses
- Broken and direct speech, punctuated accurately.
- Remember, there should be a new line for each new speaker!