Over the summer term, each week we will be uploading a website post with a writing task for Year 5 children to undertake. The writing can be done over the course of a few days, or in one sitting – it’s up to you! We will include guidance and a linked example to help you out. You can send the finished product over to [email protected] for your teachers to read, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Task – Descriptive Writing
Write a description of a busy shopping street after the lockdown has been lifted.
What I’m Looking For:
- A variety of sentence starters
- A paragraph for each of the five senses (smell, touch, taste, sight, hear)
- Similes, metaphors and personification
- Interesting vocabulary and adjectives
- Relative clauses – adding additional information about a noun, using a relative pronoun (who, which, that etc)
Resources to help: