Every Monday, we will be posting a writing task for Year 2 children to complete. The writing can be done over the course of a few days, or in one sitting – it’s up to you! We will include some help and an example of the writing we are looking for on here to get you started. You can send the finished product over to [email protected] for your teachers to read, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Task – Descriptive Writing
Design your own superhero!
Then write a description to describe your superhero (don’t forget to name him/her).
What I’m Looking For:
- Starting your sentences in different ways
- Use some conjunctions to join your sentences (and, but, or, because, when, if)
- Write a question to end your writing
- Describe what your superhero looks like
- Describe your superhero’s superpower(s)
- Describe your superhero’s personality
- Use commas in a list of adjectives