Task – Persuasive Writing
Remember when we did our Churchill speeches? For this task, you are going to write a speech for Boris Johnson to persuade people to help during the Corona crisis. You could talk to NHS staff to ask them to go to the front line; parents to help home-school children and children to stay at home and be safe.
We have included a couple of examples of your Churchill speeches to remind you.
What I’m Looking For:
· Introductory paragraph – explain why you are writing
· Each paragraph addresses a different group in society (3 paragraphs)
· Use of persuasive devices – particularly repetition and emotive language
· Key sentence starters and vocabulary to structure writing
· Parenthesis to add extra information to sentences using brackets, dashes or commas.